(with COVID-19 considerations)
Before labor your doula can offer information and support as you reach the end of your pregnancy. She will answer your questions about labor and birth and your options throughout. She can help you put together a birth plan and prepare for when your labor begins. She will support your decisions and preferences. During labor your doula will be with you the whole time VIRTUALLY. She will offer encouragement and reassurance for you and your partner. She can suggest a variety of techniques and positions that can help keep you comfortable. She can also help you communicate your wishes to your care providers. Your doula will not make decisions for you or pressure you to make certain decisions. She will help you gather the information you need to make an informed decision.
After the birth your doula will stay with you VIRTUALLY until you are settled and comfortable. She will keep in touch with you by phone, and will make at least one follow-up VIRTUAL visit within a week after the birth. She can also refer you to other community resources if needed.
Our Birth Doula Service includes:
• 2 VIRTUAL prenatal meetings to get to know each other and discuss your birth preferences
• 24/7 on-call service beginning at 37 weeks of pregnancy
• Unlimited pregnancy and early labor support by phone
• Continuous labor support at home and birth center IF SAFE and
at the hospital VIRTUALLY.
• Back-up doulas available to ensure that you are never without a doula
• Postpartum VIRTUAL follow-up & support to discuss the birth, baby care, and self-care
If you are interested in this service, please click the link below to register or click on the Register page. Once we recieve your registration, you will be contacted by your assigned doula.
Doula = $800
($250 deposit paid with registration, $550 paid two weeks before due date.)
OUR BIRTH DOULA TEAM:
She is a U.L.L. design graduate and a busy graphic designer. She resides in Lafayette with her husband and two hospital-birthed children.